The Sw.A.R.M. (Swift Autonomous Round Missile) launcher is a 4-shot repeating rocket launcher featured in Resistance: Burning Skies.
The weapon uses the touchscreen to lock on, with a tap on an enemy placing a crosshair on them. Up to four enemies can be locked on at a time, which will fire all missiles in the launcher at once. In addition, looking at an enemy through the sights and holding them in view will gradually lock multiple rockets onto the same target, allowing the whole launcher to be fired at once. Firing without any kind of lock will produce semi-automatic unguided fire.
Locked-on missiles turn fairly slowly and may miss a fast-moving enemy.
- Lock-On Speed - Faster lock on time.
- Ammo Capacity - Increased ammo capacity.
- Rocket Speed - Faster projectile speed.
- Direct Hit Bonus - Direct hits increase damage.
- Lightweight - Reduced encumbrance.
- Directed Explosives - Rockets don't damage shooter.
- Ammo for the Sw.A.R.M. is relatively scarce. Thankfully, small stashes can be found in some of the later levels. Try searching around, whenever you get the chance.
- Because of the weapon's immense power, players should always try to take out two (or three) birds with one stone. In other words, try tagging the middle man to kill as many nearby Chimera as possible.
|“|| Hey, people... Some good news for a change.
Swipe enemies onscreen to lock multiple targets
- The Sw.A.R.M. appears to be based on the M202 FLASH.
- This is the only weapon in Burning Skies which is made by SRPA.
- The Sw.A.R.M. was designed to penetrate Chimeran heavy armor.