Resistance is a science-fiction horror series of first-person shooter and third-person shooter video games developed by Insomniac Games and published by Sony Computer Entertainment for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Vita game consoles. The series takes place in an alternate history around the 1950's, in which an alien species known as the Chimera have invaded Earth and taken over all of Russia, and continue to invade and conquer much of Europe and the United States, expanding their armies by capturing humans and converting them into monstrous, super-powered soldiers to fight on their behalf.
The series is noted for its use of both conventional and futuristic weaponry, reflecting Insomniac's previous work on the Ratchet & Clank series.
Nathan Hale was the main protagonist of Resistance: Fall of Man and Resistance 2. A soldier in the United States military, Nathan rose to prominence after being infected with the Chimeran virus and was responsible for liberating Britain from the Chimera. Strong, intelligent, extremely brave and yet withdrawn, Hale went on to become one of the original Sentinels. Read more...
Vote for the next featured article here
Did You Know
- ...that two of the characters that Resistance: The Gathering Storm focuses on have friends with their first names being Harley?
- ...that Resistance: Fall of Man, Resistance 2 and Resistance: The Gathering Storm mainly focus on Nathan Hale, whilst Resistance: Retribution focuses on James Grayson, and both Grayson and Joseph Evan Capelli are mainly focused on in Resistance (comics) with Capelli being the main character in Resistance 3?
- ...that the MP-47 Pulse Cannon is a Human weapon but is used by the Chimera online?
Dynamically changes - refresh me!
- Not sure where to start?
- If you are new to wikis, check out the tutorial.
- To write a new article, just enter the article title in the box below.
Nominate and Vote here.
Which Resistance Game had the Best Ending?
|Recent News [add · more]|