The wiki for the Resistance series that anyone can edit.
Resistance is a science-fiction horror series of first-person shooter and third-person shooter video games developed by Insomniac Games and published by Sony Computer Entertainment for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Vita game consoles. The series takes place in an alternate history 1950s, in which an alien civilization known as the Chimera have invaded and conquered Earth, expanding their armies by capturing humans and transforming them into monster-like supersoldiers to fight for them.
The series is noted for its use of both conventional and futuristic weaponry, reflecting Insomniac's previous work on the Ratchet & Clank series.
Nathan Hale was the main protagonist of Resistance: Fall of Man and Resistance 2. A soldier in the United States military, Nathan rose to prominence after being infected with the Chimeran virus and was responsible for liberating Britain from the Chimera. Strong, intelligent, extremely brave and yet withdrawn, Hale went on to become one of the original Sentinels. Read more...
Vote for the next featured article here
Did You Know
- ...that even though the Chimera possess advanced alien weapons, they occasionally use human weapons as well?
- ...The first chapter of Resistance 2 is named India Eight-Two Crash Site which means "Resistance 2" because in military terms, India stands for "I" and of course Eight(8) Two(2). Resistance: Fall of Man was originally codenamed I-8, hence when Resistance 2 (the sequel) came along it would have been named Resistance: Fall of Man 2 (I-8-2 = India Eight-Two)?
- ...that Joseph Evan Capelli was allowed into the army by Moral Waiver even though, in our timeline, it was set up in mid 1960's?
Dynamically changes - refresh me!
- Not sure where to start?
- If you are new to wikis, check out the tutorial.
- To write a new article, just enter the article title in the box below.
Nominate and Vote here.
|Recent News [News]|
On 8th November, YouTube Channel snake uploaded a six minute video on the ongoing project dedicated to revive both RFoM and, eventually, Resistance 2 …
It has been a while since a new Resistance game was released but recently there have been rumors that Sony will reveal a new Resistance game at E3 20…
On 24th January, (3 Days Ago), Youtube Channel GVMERS uploaded a thirty-seven minute documentary on 'The Rise and Fall of Resistance' a well research…
In June 2012, Colin Moriarty of IGN publish an article on his review on Resistance: Burning Skies and the bigger question of whether it spells an end …